Everbuild EB25 Ultimate Sealant & Adhesive – Box 12
Unique polymer blend and cutting-edge technology to bring superior flexibility and an incredible bond strength
- Seals & bonds underwater
- Incredible bond strength
- Works on virtually any substrate
- Superior Flexibilty
- Available in black, crystal clear, white, grey and anthracite
Anthracite, Black, Clear, Grey, White
To celebrate our 25th anniversary, Everbuild brings you our best ever sealant and adhesive; EB25. Using cutting-edge technology and a unique polymer blend, our R&D team has developed a truly universal, top quality hybrid.
It’s extremely flexible, certified for indoor and outdoor use, and in sanitary and food preparation areas (ISEGA). Plus, it’s exceptionally strong, sticks to almost anything and even works underwater! Once cured, it’s resistant to mould, temperature extremes, chemicals, petrol, UV radiation, plus it does this whilst meeting the toughest emissions classification EC1plus
EB25 – 25 years of Everbuild expertise.
Sealing and bonding in almost every application imaginable.
The following are just some examples:
▪ As a high quality nail replacement adhesive, even to damp surfaces.
▪ External and internal perimeter pointing around doors and windows.
▪ Bonding mirrors to most common substrates.
▪ Sealing vertical expansion joints.
▪ Jointing cladding panels.
Any application requiring high performance, durable sealing and bonding of joints.
▪ Applications where resistance to chemical spillage is required.
CHARACTERISTICS / ADVANTAGES
▪ Incredible initial grab, no slip and gap filling properties.
▪ High bonding strength.
▪ Interior and exterior use.
▪ Certified to the harmonized European standard for Sealants for façade and sanitary use.
▪ Can be applied to wet surfaces.
▪ Waterproof & weatherproof.
▪ Quick curing.
▪ Resistant to temperature extremes -40°C to +70°C.
▪ Resistant to chemicals & petrol (10% dilute acids/alkalis, most solvents).
▪ Excellent primerless adhesion to most surfaces, including metals, most plastics, glass, concrete, plaster, plasterboard, polyester, perspex, glass, wood, enamel, painted surfaces etc.
▪ Overpaintable with some paints (always test a small area first).
▪ Resistant to Slump: <3mm (ISO7390)
APPROVALS / STANDARDS
▪ CE Marked
▪ Façade: EN15651-1:2012, Type F EXT-INT Class F20LM CC.
▪ Sanitary: EN15651-3:2012, Type S Class XS2.
▪ Food safe – ISEGA
▪ EMICODE EC1plus
Packaging 300ml cartridge
Colour Crystal Clear
Shelf Life 12 months
Storage Conditions Store in cool dry conditions between + 5°C and 25°C. Density ~ 1.05g/cm3
Shore A Hardness 40±5
Elongation at Break >150% (ISO8339)
Service Temperature -40 to +70°C
Joint Design Max Joint Width: 25mm Min Joint Width (in sealing applications as a movement joint): 5mm
Ambient Air Temperature +5 to 40°C
Curing Time ~1.5mm per 24 hours in depth
Skin Time ~30 mins
All surfaces must be clean and dust free. Surfaces may be damp, but have no standing water. Can be used under water but adhesion performance is reduced so should be applied as an emergency repair in these conditions only. APPLICATION METHOD / TOOLS As a nail replacement (panel) adhesive. Prime dusty surfaces with Everbuild® 501 PVA Bond diluted 1:4 with water and allow to dry. Apply using a standard sealant gun, cut tip of cartridge, apply nozzle and cut an opening to suit the required bead size. For bonding heavy items (plasterboard, worktops, wall panels etc.) apply adhesive all the way around the edge of the item (30-50mm from edge) and cover back with beads of adhesive at 30-40mm intervals. Alternatively, apply adhesive direct to battens and press into place. NOTE: With heavy items, always provide temporary support until the adhesive dries. For bonding lightweight items (covings, dado rails, skirting etc.) apply adhesive to back of item in one or two continuous beads and press immediately into place. Where gap filling is required, mark the areas where there is a large gap and apply a thicker bead to these areas. In all cases, clean up excess adhesive immediately with a cloth/white spirit. As a sealant Certified to EN15651 Façade for interior, exterior and cold climate and for sanitary applications. Reference should be made to the recommended joint ratios. If necessary reduce joint depth using Everbuild® Expanding Foam, or Joint Backer Rod. Furthermore, ensure that the joint design only permits adhesion to two surfaces, as three-sided adhesion will impair flexibility. Where the sealant is used in a joint configuration, masking tape should be used to prevent contamination of adjacent substrates, and to ensure a neat sealing line. Masking tape should be removed immediately after tooling. The joint should be tooled within 5 minutes of application to ensure good contact between the sealant and the substrate. Tooling of the sealant also gives a smooth, professional finish. Fixing mirrors Apply 6mm diameter beads of sealant direct to back of mirror in vertical strips, spaced at 30-40mm centres. Immediately place mirror in position and secure with good, even pressure with a slight twist action. Provide temporary support (tape) until adhesive has dried (24- 48 hours). If required, EB25 Crystal Clear may also be used to seal around mirror 24 hours after fixing (to allow for cure). Uncured material can be removed by wiping with a dampened cloth with white spirit. Cured material can be carefully removed by mechanical means. Full cure must be allowed before overpainting.