Everbuild Everflex Premium+ 450 Builders LMN Silicone – White/Clear
- Used for construction expansion joints and permiter pointing on all types of doors and windows
Excellent adhesion - adheres to most common surfaces including glass, metals, plastics and wood
Low modulus non-corrosive neutral cure silicone
Excellent flexibility - +/- 25%.
High resistance to plasticiser migration - may be used over water based and solvent based paints.
Excellent external weathering properties
Suitable for use on timber, polycarbonate, PVCu, brick, concrete, stone and me
Areas For Use
· Perimeter pointing internally and externally around PVCu /wood and all other window frames.
. Sealing and as an adhesive onto PVCu, plastic trims and components.
· Bedding insulated glass units in accordance with relevant clauses of BS8000 Part 7.
· Suitable as an expansion joint sealant.
· Weather sealing and joint sealing to pre-formed panels.
· Sealing soft metals such as lead, copper and zinc.
· General glazing sealing and draught proofing, including repair work over existing sealant.
· Glass to glass and glass to aluminium sealing.
· Parapet and roof weather sealing applications.
· Not for use in aquarium manufacture. Use AQUAMATE
. Do not use in conjunction with bitumen asphalt, neoprene and certain organic elastomers.
· Do not use on substrates that bleed oil, solvents or plasticisers.
· on over paintable. Use WEATHER MATE.
· Use as a mirror adhesive; Not recommended- Use MIRROR MATE.
The surfaces to be must be clean, dry and free from dust, grease and other contaminants.
Improve adhesion by wiping surface with EVERFLEX PVC SOLVENT CLEANER (pvc) EVERFLEX GLASS CLEANER (glass) or white spirits (painted surfaces). Priming is generally not required, although we always advise testing small areas prior to use. If use of primer is desired for non-porous surface use Silicone Primer NP2 or for porous Silicone Primer P1.
Joint design should be as follows:
Minimum width: 6mm. Movement capacity will be impaired if the depth of the joint is greater than the width. For maximum movement accommodation, it is recommended that:
1.The joint depth should be no less than 5mm
2.Joint depth should be 5mm for joints up to 10mm wide
3.Joints above 10mm in width should be half the width in depth up to 20mm and minimum 10mm for wider joints
For deep joints, reduce depth by using EVERFLEX FIX AND FILL FOAM or a suitable joint backer rod.
All joints should be designed so that the seal is placed in a position which does not retain water or form a water trap. Triangular fillets should be no less than 12mm across the face and should be finished with a flat or convex face.
Cut the tip of the cartridge taking care not to damage the thread. Apply nozzle and cut at an angle of 45o with an opening slightly larger than the gap to be sealed. Apply using a standard sealant gun. Best results will be obtained by keeping an even pressure on the trigger and keeping the gun at a constant angle to the surface being sealed. To ensure a proper bond, always smooth the sealant down with a spatula or piece of wood. An improved joint appearance can be achieved by placing masking tape to both sides of the joint, removing within 5 minutes of application.
+ or -25% ISO11600 / SNJF
5 – 25 mins
1-2mm per 24 hours
Hardness Shore A
Service temperature resistance
-50°C to + 150°C
Application Temperature Resistance
+5°C to + 60°C
Uncured sealant white spirit, cured sealant EVERFLEX SILICONE EATER.
Minimum Joint Width
Maximum Joint Width
Maximum depth, 50% of joint width
10.5 linear meters as a 6mm diameter bead
Elongation At Break
Tensile Modulus at 100% Elongation
Tensile Adhesion Modulus @ 100% Elongation
0.3Mpa (ISO 8339 (glass substrate))
Health & Safety
Consult MSDS for full list of hazards
Store in cool dry conditions between + 15 and 30C.
18 months from date of manufacture